Thursday, March 16, 2017

Seasonal Sewing + Etsy Update


Spring

Summer

Autumn

Winter





As I stitch I like to think of the little stories the fabrics tell. Sometimes they speak of seasons, other times it may be happy tales of the garden. The block directly above was completed on the day of Mr J's wedding - here it is sitting with Master T's groomsman's waistcoat, new shoes and satin tie. I believe my favourite Ice Cream Soda Quilt block is still the one below.






I've really enjoyed sourcing more favourite fabrics and Extra Fine polyester thread in new colours for my Etsy shop. Many of the organic fabrics I stock are exclusive to the Australasian market in regards to their colours or the fabric type. Other fabrics have been purchased directly from the US or are now out of print and very difficult to find. There are a handful of fabrics which are not organic, including a cute Little Red Riding Hood print which is a very fine 75% linen, 25% cotton fabric. I've also introduced flat rate shipping within Australia of $3.50 on all fabric orders. For US fabric orders, I can usually ship a whole metre (39") at the rate quoted for a half metre, depending on the fabric's weight.

With so many beautiful fabrics on hand it's very tempting to think about sewing more than just quilts. The Wee Wander print above would make gorgeous little girls dresses. What would you make with the Little Red Riding Hood fabric?

SaveSave

13 comments:

chica said...

Tudo sempre tão maravilhoso nos teus trabalhos e fotos.Adorei a primeira delas! bjs, chica

the momma said...

the blocks are all gorgeous, Karen! I don't think I could begin to choose a favorite! (and your tray of threads is so pretty, too! Can you believe we still don't have the extra fine Gutermann in the US?!)
Happy Stitching ~ Tracy

Unknown said...

I just love your seasons' blocks, Karen!

When I look at that adorable Little Red Riding Hood fabric, I immediately think of a quilt and pillow covers for a child's room. It is really wonderful fabric, and given its composition, I think it would be a dream to sew with. Whatever you decide to do with it, I just know it will be very special.

xo.

EricaSta said...

Lovely pattern, dear Karen. I'm a great fan of your needlework.

Giga said...

With red cap is perhaps the kids would have liked. Great are your seasons, and was partly cloudy to quilt them. You indeed have great ideas and what you do will be humming. Regards.

Liz said...

I love your seasons blocks, Karen! You are incredibly inspiring. I'm off to look at your etsy shop.

Lynette said...

Karen, your blocks are just so pretty. I always love your sense of color :)

maryandpatch.blogspot.com said...

Your pictures are always so beautiful!!!

Julie said...

A skirt or dress springs to mind, possible a border on curtains for a childs room too.

Love your EPP work.

Saija said...

Stunning blocks and photos!

Anita Johnson said...

I watch quilting shows on tv and think of you......your work, shown in these photos are beautiful.

Cathy said...

I loved your creative ways of displaying your quilt blocks. Each and every one did tell a story indeed.

Jeanne said...

Gorgeous fabrics! and what fun you are having with these! in your creativity!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...