Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Early Mornings of December






















Early mornings - what a gift they are, especially in summer. Now my children are older I am cherishing the opportunity of solo early morning walks, and have found myself heading away from my usual sunset walks over the busy bridge facing west to quieter streets towards the east. The predawn calm, the gentle wafting of mist hovering on the river and gorgeous light show in the sky, clouds and water - each day is a beautiful new beginning.

Miss O has been making the most of cool early mornings to enjoy working through her self-made list of Christmas baking. No baking today - the air conditioner hums quietly as the temperature is climbing with a forecast of 39C/102F, however I think there are plans to construct a gingerbread village with yesterday's baking.

Finishing off with a series capturing yesterday's sunrise over our mighty Clarence River. Have wonderful day!







**Baking References: 
German/Austrian Lubkuchen -We use the recipe from the Women’s Weekly Big Book of Beautiful Biscuits (Australian) - one of their soft cover cookbooks, released again in recent years as a vintage edition
Chocolate Brownie Cookies - recipe here.
Gingerbread House - recipe from Christmas Cooking for Kids by Fiona Hammond



*** You may also enjoy my Instagram feed which I add to several times a week. You don't have to join Instagram to view - just click on the little blue square camera logo under my blog profile (top right hand corner).

Karen
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave

7 comments:

christine said...

Beautiful. Fun to see summer pictures as we area heading into the cold & dark of winter. Do I see a gingerbread house developing?

Fun60 said...

The smells from your kitchen must be mouth watering.

ELFI said...

magnifique l'été... ici fait froid et il neige... bon noël!

Frea said...

Beautiful pictures.

Giga said...

The photos are taken beautifully in the morning and the walk was certainly nice, because it was not hot yet. The baked goods will taste good. Greetings after my break caused by the lumps of the hip. Now I am after surgery and I hope that I will be back to fitness.

diane b said...

I can imagine how much you must enjoy those solo morning walks with the beautiful scenery. Miss O is doing a sterling job. Hope you had a nice Christmas day and have a Happy new Year.

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

What beauty you see when you walk! 102 is way too hot! The cookies look so yummy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...