Thursday, May 5, 2011

Little Pretties


Coriander flowers




There always seems to be something beautiful in the garden if one looks hard enough.... Today I pulled out the zucchini plants which have produced several zucchinis each, soon we'll replant that section. Various types of peas and broad beans are springing forth elsewhere from seeds planted a couple of weeks ago.

Last night I cut into the fabric above to start a dress for Miss V, my seven year old strawberry blonde daughter. She is loving that she has input into the colours and placement of pattern pieces. I had intended to make the entire dress from the green print but there wasn't sufficient available at the online shop. I will need to exercise a little more creativity by adding some extra colour. I need to buy thread, zipper and bias binding to proceed further now.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

beautiful fabric, I like the design and color .. I have a daughter but does not like the dress is 13 years old they are teenagers!

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

I understand. I have six girls, including twins who are 13 years old. Some of my girls have always liked dresses and skirts, others will not wear a dress or a skirt. Miss V rarely wears a dress now, so it is pleasure to make one which she seems happy about and will hopefully enjoy wearing. If she doesn't wear it much I will keep it for Miss E who is three years old.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...