Sunday, May 6, 2012

Looking the Other Way




Heading off for a brisk evening walk, almost too late, quite a nip in the autumn air, I walk faster, holding tight my Lumix camera, just in case. Faster, faster, warming up. Onto the bridge. Yes, the familiar sunset was just about spent.
I enjoy the exercise anyway. Then I turn the other way, looking east, downstream....wow! I hold the camera high above my head to snatch a shot between the girders and above the handrails.

Walking faster I make it to the end, under the bridge and come up the other side to walk back on the eastern walkway, hoping for a better chance. But it's not to be. The sun has set, the colour and light draining from the sky.

"You'll have to be more patient for the moon," another pedestrian says.
"But the sun has already set!" I reply. Then I look the other way, south this time. WOW!!! The moon is just beginning to edge over the horizon!




I walk and watch and linger long at the far end of the bridge, now it is late. But how can I leave while witnessing this!




I hadn't thought I might catch the moon as I walk the bridge. The possibilities are exciting....

18 comments:

HANS-PETER ZÜRCHER said...

Fantastische Mondspiegelungen! Hier in Basel war leider das Wetter nicht ganz so gut geeignet, diesen prächtigen Vollmond einzufangen. Hab trotzdem ienige Bilder gemacht, denn er hatte einen wunderbaren Halo. Zum Glück hatte ich vor 3 Tagen einige Bilder gemacht und die sind klasse geworden...

Grüsse aus der Schweiz

Hans-Peter

Angela Häring-Christen said...

Oh, so wonderful! We couldn't see the moon last night.
Greetings from Switzerland
Angela

Pieni Lintu said...

These are so lovely!!

Mimi said...

Beautiful photos!

FilipBlog said...

Your second picture is exceptional. Top.

Greetings,
Filip

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

Oh you really got some great shots of that super moon. Beautiful

Roan said...

The reflections in all shots are amazing. I would have stayed to get that shot in the dark. ;)

Unknown said...

Stunning!

Isabelle said...

Wow!!! beautiful shot and an incredible reflection on the water! I love your story ;)

Unknown said...

Now I see your first lot of moon shots and they aren't too dissimilar to mine, except for the water reflection!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh wow! I am in awe at the beauty you captured here. Thank-you.

Jana said...

I love the water in rose...fantastic!

Erin said...

Awesome! I snapped lots of photos of the moon last night too, about 9pm so a bit different to yours. and I discovered my tripod;) I'm in love with my tripod, makes a HUGE difference, don't know why I've taken this long to discover that. planning to post later today. so love yours:)

Gail Dixon said...

Fantastic! Love the reflections in the water.

Cary said...

Stunning photos! I love the coloring on the one with the boats.

Liz said...

The moon was beautiful and so bright. And the weather has been lovely too.
Beautiful images as usual, Karen.

TexWisGirl said...

gorgeous scenes! so beautiful! thanks for stopping by!

Cathy said...

These photos have a strong appeal to me. I am so glad you decided to take that walk on the bridge with your camera.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...