It was a case of less is more. With Miss O's eye for colour and design we removed five colours of the solid coloured hourglass blocks - two shades of pink, a deep teal, light blue and dandelion yellow. Each of these eliminated colours worked well with at least one of the prints from Sarah Watson's Biology collection, however when they were all placed together we had a rabble, not a harmonious swarm! Thankfully I had made extra blocks, leaving enough for a nice sized quilt as well as some lovely bright solid blocks for a future project.
All the blocks have been sewn into their rows and pressed with seams in alternate directions to nest together better. The rows of blocks waiting to be sewn together now look like shingles on a roof or perhaps like the minute overlapping scales on a butterfly's wing.
Sharing at WIP Wednesday.