Saturday, August 27, 2016

Pink Ohio Star Quilt








My Pink Ohio Star quilt has been a pleasure to sew. With soft pinks and greys and highlights of golden mustard, these organic fabrics have been a delight to work with. A huge Ohio Star block provides enough focus and structure without competing with the delicate prints. I chose to gently machine quilted all over with a 2 1/2" grid, fitting perfectly with the size of the star pieces. The addition of a quilted diamond in the centre of the star emphasises the design. 

A perfect toddler/baby girl quilt in a generous crib/cot size of 41" x 61". Although I have been blessed with six daughters of my own, they were all past toddler stage before I taught myself to quilt. I do love sewing baby/toddler quilts, they are so satisfying and beautiful. This quilt was made for my Etsy shop so another family can love and use it. All certified organic fabrics and organic batting of course.  :)  More details are available in the Etsy listing here.



14 comments:

EricaSta said...

Again a pretty Design of fabrics. Perfect! 🤗

Greetings from Bavaria,
Heidrun

https://happy-hour-with-picts.blogspot.de

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Another pretty quilt, someone will love this.

Have a lovely weekend ~ FlowerLady

Susan said...

This is such a pretty quilt Karen! It will be loved I'm sure!

Unknown said...

It is just beautiful, Karen!
As always, you choose some of the most wonderful color combinations.
I love the softness of this combination. Perfect for a little one.
Have a wonderful weekend, my friend. xo.

Summer said...

The quilt is so beautiful! Love the colours ♥


summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

CountryMum said...

Such beautiful pastel colours... it is really really nice.

Dirk Rosin said...

nice !

Julie said...

So pretty, will have to get some of that leafy print I think.

Ana Freire said...

Lovely work, Karen! And the colors and the prints are beautiful...
A big kiss from Portugal!
All the best!
Ana

diane b said...

A lovely quilt for a little girl. Well done.

DeborahGun said...

There really is something so joyful about making baby quilts isn't there?! I love the soft pinks of this one, and the gentle design - gorgeous!

Carla said...

How perfectly delicate. Love love the fabrics

Jeanne said...

I always love seeing your quilting creations and this, as all of the others is just wonderful. You have such an eye for creating these and the fabrics are lovely! hOpe you have had a great summer Karen!

Liz said...

Another gorgeous quilt, Karen! I love the colours.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...