Sunday, October 23, 2016

Looking Back, Looking Forward














Gorgeous poppies in Miss O's garden continue flowering both to our delight and that of the bees! The Leucospermum buds unfurl more each day, perched like bright orange crowns upon their tall stems.

Remembering my wonderful father who would have turned 80 earlier this month if Parkinsons disease and associated health issues hadn't taken him in 2010. The photo of him packing bananas above was taken over 25 years ago. We all spent much time working together as family in this old packing shed as a small independent farming family.

Miss E has completed her first ever game of team cricket. She is 8 years old and has wanted to join her cricketing siblings for a couple of years, we have waited until this season to let her join the Under 12s team. Miss V also plays in this team and Miss G is team coach. She had an amazing first game, taking four wickets while conceding only five runs (mostly 'extras') from her two overs. Her grandfather (my dad) would have been proud - he was an avid cricket player and spectator.

Yesterday I made myself a new skirt using rayon fabric. In recent years I have made a couple of cotton skirts however they have never softened nor draped well, despite much wearing and washing. Soft rayon drapes beautifully so it has been my fabric of choice this time. My two white lined cotton tops (which I made early in the year) are still going well, despite being worn nearly every day since making them (wear one while I wash the other by hand).

Some simple drawstring bags have been my fun sewing over the last week. To be honest much of my time and energy has been directed to assisting my husband with multiple weekly appointments and day to day followthrough/wellbeing (and homeschooling as usual). He has been off work again the last three weeks and only managed a few days work the two weeks prior to that. Uncertain times ahead once more, hoping and praying for improvement before his employment is threatened. Our pastor's message today from Psalm 32 was very relevant and encouraging, especially verses 7-11.  :)

14 comments:

Marijke said...

Wishing you strength, with taking the days and weeks as they unfold.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What wonderful photos! Congrats to Miss E with her first team cricket game.

I am so sorry to hear about your husband's health and he and you are in my prayers. Great scripture you posted from Psalms.

Love, hugs & prayers ~ FlowerLady

Maryse said...

Beautiful photos as always, I enjoy looking at them!! Wishing you strength and courage!

Justyna Żukowska said...

I hope it will be better with ypuir husband. I prayed for this. Beautiful pictures. Greetings Justyna.

Filip and Kristel said...

The bees are fantastic but I prefer the girl trowing the ball. Great action picture.

Greetings,
Filip

Dirk Rosin said...

nice photos !

Fun60 said...

Miss E seems to be following in her sister's footsteps. What a talented family you have. The trials of ill health must weigh heavy but you never seem to let it get you down. You are obviously someone whose cup is always half full and never half empty.

Unknown said...

Stay strong, my friend, and please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
xo.

Ingrid said...

Wishing you strength in these difficult times. Hang in there and keep being creative. Your work is inspiring. (mystudio964)

the momma said...

Pictures are fabulous, as always. I'm sure Miss E was thrilled to finally be playing :-)
Darn it! I'm sad to hear about your husband's health; I was so hopeful he was continuing to improve. I admit I've slacked in prayers in that regard, but will get back to praying more earnestly. pooh!

Karen Lakis said...

Beautiful photos and Miss O must be so happy to join her siblings in cricket! I hope for your husband's improved health and strength for you and your family. Take care.

Susan said...

How proud you must have been to see your sweet little girl bowling and taking wickets, Karen! ? She looks quite at home on the pitch! And of course, your floral photos are always a delight to see! I will also pray that your husband's health improves.

diane b said...

Love the bee poking its head over the flower. Do you use a macro lens? The little one is doing well playing 4 years ahead of herself. So sorry to hear that hubby's illness has worsened lately. I hope it can be stemmed again so that he can return to work. I don't know how you fit all your chores and hobbies into one day. Well done. Keep strong.

Jeanne said...

So sorry to hear that your husbands health is continuing to be threatened. So grateful in life to have God's word for comfort.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...