Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Until Further Notice, Celebrate Everything!














"Until further notice,
Celebrate everything!"

Both simple and profound, this quote has stuck with me since reading it. Amongst the difficulties and uncertainties of life (of which we are dealing with many) there is always something to not only be grateful for, but to celebrate and rejoice over. 

Looking through my fabrics has been like a treasure hunt, mixing and matching, hand stitching some more blossom blocks. You can read all about Jodi's new quilt subscription/club based on this design here. Details of construction are also on her Tales of Cloth site here.

Bird visitors and spots of hot summer colour always catch my eye in the garden. 

A particular 'hat' from the 1950's (??) has been recently spoken of on several occasions by my mother-in-law as important to complete her outfit for my son's upcoming wedding. When you are 83 these things matter, so Last week we made the required trip to collect it - via the scenic route. 😊
The hatbox was eventually located, containing pieces fit for a textile museum. I think she now feels ready to attend the wedding ☺️


So until further notice, I plan to celebrate EVERYTHING!

17 comments:

s.c said...

When you live in Paradise your quilts must radiate that to. They does.

chica said...

Muito lindo tudo e celebrar cada dia é preciso! bjs, chica

the momma said...

Karen! These blocks are absolutely gorgeous!!
So happy your mother now feels properly outfitted for the wedding :-)

Cathy said...

I have been out of the loop! When does your son get married?

I hope you will photo the hat...
I wore vintage gloves for my daughter's wedding.

Preeti said...

Such a meaningful quote for times such as the present. I love the story of the hat :) Your EPP just shines!!

Fun60 said...

I didn't realise your son was getting married. Is that happy event coming up soon? Those blocks of farics are delightful. What a wonderful quilt that will be.

Michelle said...

Those blocks are just superb! Congrats to your son!

Dirk Rosin said...

great photos !

Seraphinas Phantasie said...

Marvelous photos of the birds in the garden and excellent sewing !
Best regards, Synnöve

Giga said...

Cute parts quilts, beautiful birds, but most beautiful certainly will marry his son. Regards.

DeborahGun said...

what a brilliant quote Karen. I always think of your photos of a celebration of life. Learning to give thanks doesn't come naturally and I am determined to work at it more. How fun going to look for a vintage hat :-)

Liz said...

A great quote, and one I try to live by.
As always, your quilting is inspiring and beautiful. I can't wait to see the finished product!
Wow... Your son is getting married. How exciting!

Julie said...

Your beautiful bird photos never cease to amaze me. All the best to the happy couple, may you all have a fabulous day.

Unknown said...

Very good advice, my friend, and I am so glad you found the hat! :-)
xo.

Anita Johnson said...

I'm always happier after visiting here!

Karen Lakis said...

What a nice idea to celebrate everything - I love that quote. And it sounds as though you have much to celebrate!

amanda said...

These are some of the most uplifting words I'veheard in some time, I'm going to make this my mantra as well!
I am loving your creative still life displays with your quilting pieces and garden gatherings. They are blissful and beautiful, Karen!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...