Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Change of Plans















The blogpost in which everything is done left handed....

Two minor floods in recent weeks, thankful we missed the torrential rains and major floods a short distance to our north. The rural location I grew up in had over 400mm (16") in one day! Needless to say, everything is beautifully green here as we head into autumn.

Enjoying some stunning sunrises and sunsets at the moment -reminding me of some amazing red skies of my childhood....

Miss N and Miss E are home from Sydney for a few short day - very exciting to collect family from the airport! 

I've been busily working on a large organic cotton quilt for J and Jess, enjoy the quilting process now which I am about half way through and was hoping to finish in the next week or two but last night I tripped coming up our stairs carrying things in both hands - dislocating my right shoulder  :(  I had never been in an ambulance before. They were really good at our local Accident and Emergency. The doctor popped it back in place but it came out a second time as I carefully tried to put my jacket on to leave.   :(  So I am now using a sling and resting it with quite a long wait ahead for quilting and many other activities. I don't think I can even use my camera left handed - but I can construct a blog post. The X-rays confirmed the only thing broken is the bowl I was carrying up the stairs  :)

23 comments:

Susan said...

Oh dear Karen, I am so sorry to hear off your trip up! Use the time to dream up new quilt designs and maybe read. I hope you make a speedy recovery! Love your photos as usual, especially those sunsets!!!!

Liz said...

Oh Karen, I'm so sorry to hear of your mishap! Dislocated shoulders (& shoulder injuries) are so painful and when it's your dominant hand that does make matters even worse!
I do hope you heal well. Enjoy being looked after as I am sure your lovely children & husband will do very well.
The flooding up here was extensive in many areas of Brisbane - some areas were even worse than the 1974 floods!
Wishing you a blessed Easter and a great family time.

Hope said...

Ooh, ouch! Wishing you a speedy recovery x

Fun60 said...

Karen that sounds so painful. Hope you are back on the mend very quickly. In the meantime you will have to just relax and enjoy more of those fabulous sun sets.

diane b said...

Oh dear that sounds painful and inconvenient. Glad you missed the torrential rain but it looks like your river flooded. Your photos are superb. Love them all. The quilt is going to be a beauty. Hopefully you have a quick recovery so that you can get on with it.

chica said...

Puxa, Karen! Que pena tudo isso! Que fiques logo bem! Te cuida! beijos, chica

Giga said...

I am very sorry that you had such an unpleasant and painful event at home. You need to be more careful in the future. You can not do it all at once. If it needed rain, it was good that it was raining, but not too much. Well, you have children at home. I greet and wish you a speedy recovery.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Dear, dear Karen ~ I am so sorry that you had this happen. Do take it easy, letting your shoulder heal.

Love, hugs & prayers ~ FlowerLady

Quiltdivajulie said...

Very sorry to hear about the injury -- take time to rest and allow things to heal (difficult as that may be).

the momma said...

Oh goodness, Karen! I do hope you heal quickly (and have no residual effects down the road) What a blessing that your big girls can be home to help a bit (although I know you would have preferred caring for them, instead...)
Many blessings, sweet friend ~ Tracy

p.s. photos are absolutely gorgeous!!

A Colorful World said...

Oh I am so sorry about your accident! Thankfully the hand isn't broken. Yes, it's so hard to do anything with your left hand (when right handed!) only. So many things require both hands! Your photos are just amazing as always! I lost track of you there for a awhile! We have moved to Oregon now.

SarahZ said...

So glad to hear the injury was not more serious! I am also working on a wedding quilt, for a much loved niece! Happy for your family times!

Unknown said...

Oh, Karen, I am so sorry about your shoulder, and I do hope you are a healed real soon!
This is really such a beautiful series of photographs.
I especially love the last one.
Beautifully simple, and simply beautiful.
Take good care of you, my friend.
xo.

Dirk Rosin said...

herlige bilder !

Kirsten said...

Hope you are back to sewing again soon Karen!

Michelle said...

So sorry to hear of your injury. I know it must have been painful. My husband has suffered through shoulder issues. Do take care and rest up!

Marijke said...

Ouch! I hope you can enjoy the rest, which is never easy when it's enforced on you! I'm sure you're full of new ideas and plans by now. Lovely photos! Take care.

Anita Johnson said...

I was so enjoying these amazing photos....the sunsets, those beautiful birds, then quilts....and then, OUCH. I hope you recover quickly!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful photos! Take it easy and let your shoulder heal.

Preeti said...

So glad you didn't break any bones! Take care of yourself and I hope your shoulder heals quickly xo

Tania López said...

Beautiful pictures! Nice blog. Greetings from Galicia.

Juliana said...

OMG! what a great nature! first shot is amazing!
xoxo, Juliana | PJ’ Happies :)

Jeanne said...

Looks as if you have had some beautiful skies. Again, so sorry about that shoulder and hoping you are on the mend. Blessings to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...