Thursday, August 18, 2011

Grevillea Obtusifolia Gingin Gem


Friday

I have a renewed love of our Australian native plants, realising how unique they truly are after receiving so many curious responses to earlier posts featuring our natives. Several areas of our garden are in need of more plants and natives are a favourite of my husband as well as with our local birds and butterflies. Here's one I have bought, acclimatising to our yard while I work out the best placement for it. I've enjoyed  having a closer look at the small flowers and taking photos of this particular one over a few days.


Monday


Tuesday


Wednesday





You can see how small these flower heads are. The one I have been photographing is the one on the middle/front.


This morning, settling in after last night's rain.


The tag says it's a vigorous, dense, ground cover which grows to 40cm (16") high and 3m/yds wide.
Looks like a wonderfully useful and attractive plant, let's hope it will grow where I have just planted it.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! The detail you captured is amazing!

Jill said...

Such amazing, beautiful photos!

Roan said...

It is a beautiful plant and unusual to me. It will be a wonderful asset to your garden.

Gail Dixon said...

Your blog is always adorned with the prettiest flowers!

Shirley @ The Gardening Life said...

It is a most incredible little blossom! I'm sure it will settle in just fine.

Lisa Gordon said...

I have never seen flower like this!
It is so unusual and so beautiful.

Nayana said...

This pics are amazing. I love how you capture and take track of timings :)

Reena said...

Unusual plant but beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Awesome review, I love your article.

Bread Machine click here

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

Wonderful close-up blossom !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...