Thursday, December 8, 2011

Zinnia Delight




Zinnias are another of those stunning flowers which I had somehow ignored for years. It wasn't until I saw some beautiful images of them on blogs in recent months that I woke up to these beauties. I bought a packet of seeds and have been excitedly watching the plants grow and come into bloom.




Here is (hopefully) an "animation" of one flower's opening over the last 10 days, one shot per day except a missing day between images 2 and 3. I have been fascinated at how the "petals" continue to grown size after opening with more springing forth each day to make a more complex flower over time. I suspect this flower has a even more growing until it is complete, but couldn't wait any longer to share it with you.

Ok, well that didn't work quite as well as I had hoped....but if you click on the bottom photo the animation (not very good definition) will begin.

I have just reposted these photos "normally" in a fresh post so you can have a better look.

:)




13 comments:

Lisa said...

Lovely how you did this.
Gorgeous series

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

A very beautiful macro !

Jill said...

LOVE zinnias!

Sylvia K said...

I love zinnias and what magical macro shots indeed! Gorgeous colors!

Sylvia

Giga said...

Kliknęłam i to co zobaczyłam było cudowne,. Dziękuję i pozdrawiam

Jeanne said...

I think that this turned out wonderful!! How did you do that with Iphoto? just a slideshow?? Really lovely, and what an awesome creator we have!!!!

Jeanne said...

Becoming more complex each day, just like people/ children???

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Thanks Jeanne. My husband downloaded a free gif animation program called "GIFQuickMaker" which worked on the mac. I guess if we look around we may find a better one or learn how to use this one to better effect.

magda in queensland australia said...

Actually Pieces of Sunshine, for a first try, seeing the Zinnia unfold is really quite beautiful via the wonderful slide show viewer we now have to enjoy images with when visiting.
Well done...
Appreciation from Magda and Crew in Australia

Nancy said...

Love these and the animation is great. Zinnias are so faithful and reliable flowers in the garden...they are childhood "friends" for sure. Thanks for your beautiful photos...I am a new follower, it's nice to meet you.

Charlotte said...

that's so cool!

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

you could try this one - it says it works with mac
http://gifmaker.me/

:-D

(suggested by Charlotte)
Thank you!

Meg said...

I love Zinnias!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...