Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Piecing 'Peaceful Night'




When I completed 'Royal Whispers' a little over a week ago, I contemplated which project to work on next. 'Peaceful Night' is the unfinished quilt in which I have most time and passion invested. Its carefully stitched rows of English Paper Pieced (EPP) blocks have been neatly tucked away since early January while life and other quilting projects filled my days and nights. 




 I was pleasantly relieved to find I loved it even more than I remembered. Time to pick it up again and move on with stitching the bright rows of stars and low volume diamonds together. Gutermann Extra Fine polyester thread is proving to be perfect for the job of joining the starkly contrasting fabrics together.








Late this afternoon I finished stitching the diamonds to the stars. Next I need to piece and add some low volume half diamonds on each of the four sides - easier said than done. Thankfully I already have the perfect backing fabric on hand, and the only half yard of the charcoal crosshatch I could locate is on its way from the US to be safely stored until the time for binding finally arrives.



Sharing at WIP Wednesday.


26 comments:

Seeing Each Day said...

Reading and looking at your posts on this process about making this quilt has had me in awe since day 1 - so much thought from your end, apart from the hours and hours of time you've invested with this work -please note that from this end, it hasn't gone unnoticed. You are a clever, clever lady. Renee.

Susan said...

I agree with the previous comment - you are indeed a clever lady! I love this quilt with its fresh limes and blues and crisp, clean lines! I will be watching this to its glorious completion....

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I just love seeing how this piece has come together from all of the many pieces that make it into this beautiful work of art.

You are so talented and your work exquisite.

FlowerLady

geanina said...

gorgeous! :)

DeborahGun said...

what an absolutely perfect choice of colours and contrast - this is going to be another masterpiece :-)

SarahZ said...

Oh my! You must get butterflies just looking at it! This is the first I've seen this, except for your header photo! It really is gorgeous!

Mary Huey said...

Lovely, Karen -- especially like the low-volume stars!!

Carol said...

That is so beautiful. I love the dark background...and I usually don't love dark backgrounds. But your fabric choices are just right.

Jessica said...

This quilt is just lovely! The pattern is wonderful, and your fabric selection is perfect. Good luck finishing it up!

maryandpatch.blogspot.com said...

So many little stitches!!!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Karen
Thats lovely with all that stars!

Hugs
JetteMajken

Anonymous said...

I am so in love with your fabric and color choices in this project. Truly beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Jenn @ A Quarter Inch from the Edge said...

Beautiful blocks and wonderful colour selection in your fabrics. Congrats on a great finished top!

Julie said...

This is so beautiful - a true lesson in patience and perseverance too.

Fun60 said...

Really pleased to see how this one is coming together. Another beauty.

liniecat said...

Such a beautiful mix of colours, its going to be a stunner when completed

flowersandhome said...

So beautiful Karen. Every time you show us your amazing quilting I feel like starting to quilt again myself.
Marian

EricaSta said...

I agree with the comment of Renee .... It was interesting to see and now the result is fantastic, dear Karen.

Greetings by Heidrun from old Town Augsburg

Anita Johnson said...

I ditto everyone's comments. just so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Another stunning WIP! Love how the greens stars pop.

Lisa Gordon said...

Karen, you are truly such a talented quilt maker, and this one is a real beauty. I really love the color palette.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

Liz said...

What a gorgeous quilt Karen! You are truly gifted in designing and producing the final result. I am in awe!

Marijke said...

Wow, what a gorgeous quilt! You must be so proud!

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Love the colors and fabrics.

Wendy @ Wendysquiltsandmore said...

What a lovely quilt. Your stitching is so neat! and all the points meet up beautifully. The colours are great on this quilt too - totally different to Royal Whispers, but still beautiful in a different way.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...