Saturday, February 19, 2011

Scammells Lookout


Royal Grevillea in bud


Royal Grevillea in flower




Scammells Lookout, on the Alpine Way, looks east up to Watsons Crags on the Main Range, Snowy Mountains (about 390km  southwest of Sydney). On a clear day the view would be magnificent. I was taken by the unusual tiny Royal Grevillea buds and flowers around the lookout.




The Alpine Way was a drive with beautiful scenery and many bends in the road. I had not seen roadside cuttings wired in this way before.  The netting was to hold back rock falls, the evidence of which we saw in many places along the road.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Your photos are magnificent!

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Thank you Deanne. I have long enjoyed taking photos. When I began my blog I didn't expect to share photos previously taken, however I am really delighted to be able to do so.

Marijke said...

Hello Karen,
Are these lovely flowers growing in the wild? Fantastic. We don't know them over here.
Gr. Marijke

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Yes Marijke, they are growing in the wild, another unusual, yet beautiful, Australian native.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...