Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Spot the Photo!




My eldest and youngest in our backyard, both Miss "E"s. Little Miss E wasn't part of the original plan, nothing like a little spontaneity!




Mental Health Month is being celebrated locally with a photo rally. Having never entered a photo competition before (nor ever having had any photography lessons) I nearly didn't try. The photo had to be taken on the first weekend in October. On the Saturday morning we were notified of the theme "Wellbeing: Invest in Your Life". A cause worth making an effort for. Remember my post "Not Up, Not In"?

Last night I found the top ten photos in the open section on display at our local shopping centre, a winner to be chosen by popular vote, results to be announced in ten days time. I feel like a winner for just having had a go and making the top ten.

16 comments:

Nadege, said...

Congratulations. They are such gorgeous girls.

Jill said...

This picture is beautiful! Congratulations on a well deserved top 10!

s.c said...

Well for making art you are just born with it. You cannot learn it. Somewhere there is a photographic eye in you that comes out now. Good luck with your photo competition and keep going.

Mark said...

Well done Karen. Hope you win and if i'm in the mall I will drop in and vote. You really deserve a prize for your flower photos they are truly spectacular and special.

Unknown said...

Congrats! hope you win - since it is a winning shot!

Cathy said...

You have some tough competition for sure. Yet your photo has so much appeal; imagination set running to write a story and a desire to step in and be a part of this photo. It breaths so much life.

Nayana said...

Congrates..That pics is so adorable and wonderful.I really like your out of all 10..good luck!

Gail Dixon said...

Congrats on the contest! Amazing shots, all!!

Erin said...

Karen
It really stands out to me, easily the top pic. Off to town to vote:)

Robyn said...

Many congratulations Karen! All the best for the finals.

Unknown said...

Congratulations!
The girl in the no3 photo is VCH cousin's daughter.

Elena said...

Congratulations! Love the post and the photos.

Liz said...

Congratulations Karen! And what a beautiful photo of your girls!!
I love the angle.

I don't think you need lessons. You really do have a gift for capturing memories.

Seeing Each Day said...

It's not just coincidence that you are being recognised for your photography in a number of places, both locally and on the web - you have a gift for this. The shot of the girls is so natural. Well done. Each time in the last few months your work has been noted in all these arenas (like in the current live every moment challenge !!) I feel a genuine thrill and sense of pride for you - I really mean that.

Andrea said...

That photo is wonderful Joy, congratulations

My Beautiful World said...

Congratulations I hope you win and should the photo of your girls is just lovely. I forgot to say thank you for the lovely email it was so happy to receive it and your visit to my blog.

Always Wendy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...