Saturday, September 3, 2011

"Tree & Leaf"




Late yesterday I had the pleasure of attending (most of) the opening of an exhibition at out local art gallery. I had never attending an exhibition opening before and this one was rather special as the artists, who are sisters, are cousins of mine. Patrycia is giving details of one of her paintings here while Jenny watches from the corner. Some of the pieces, like the ones above, were collaborative works.


 








It was a thrill to be there and hear them speak of places and people familiar to me as family, then take time afterwards to have a chat and a closer look. Two of my daughters came also.




Their exhibition is titled "Tree & Leaf" and will be on view for several weeks. Both cousins were excited to see the addition of some red dots after their artist's talks.

A wonderful display of local landscape paintings by Peter Lane was also opening yesterday in another section of the gallery, well worth a look for those who may have opportunity to enjoy a visit.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm not much of gallery type of people but sometimes I go. This could be one of the visit where I would go if I be there. I like the works very much.

Christina, Sweden said...

Looks very interesting, sad it's so far away..... but lucky i can enjoy it through yor photos. Thanks for showing!!

HANS-PETER ZÜRCHER said...

Vernisagen sind oft interessante Anlässe. Die Künstler sind anwesend, viele interessante Menschen, eine besondere Atmosphäre.

Die hier gezeigten Bilder sind grossartig, danke...

Liebe Grüsse aus der Schweiz

Hans-Peter

Seraphinas Phantasie said...

Wonderful impressions from this exhibition. I love trees !

Have a sunny weekend, Karen.

Nancy said...

Your cousins are so talented. I love the color combinations and the natural subject matter. Beautiful! :)

Jeanne said...

Thank you for stopping by my site. I just recently found your blog and have enjoyed looking at your amazing photographs.
Hope you have a good weekend.
Jeanne

Karen Xavier said...

They look really nice... I love the collage one in silver frames. Your cousins are really talented.

Jill said...

Oh to be so talented! So lovely.

Rosemary Aubut said...

How wonderful for you! Looks like a successful event!

Unknown said...

Such talent *sigh*

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Lovely pieces.... Eye catching.

There seems to be the red dot somewhere in most of them.... interesting.

Unknown said...

I love these works, especially all the leaves of trees are a dream, very nice thanks for sharing a greeting. Vero

Gail Dixon said...

All of these are beautiful, unique pieces of art. Lovely in their own way.

Nayana said...

I love exhibition, fair etc...great arts...

magda in queensland australia said...

Hi again Pieces of Sunshine,
Artistry flows in the Family... I came by when I saw the Title 'Tree and Leaf'. Tolkien wrote a small book called Tree and Leaf, in which one of the Stories was Titled Leaf By Niggle, a thoroughly interesting Story too.

Art Galleries usually have a lovely feel to them.
The works look to be very beautifully delicate. My words very inadequate.
Lovely moment to discover, simply because of the Title to the Post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...