Saturday, June 22, 2013

Weekly Snippets






Remnants of Miss O's baking and making Monte Carlos










Further progress on my new Musical Stairs quilt






Gentle winter days filled with making and baking, learning and growing. Miss E loves any excuse for encouraging older siblings to "help" her make cake. There aren't enough birthdays in our family for her so she insists that Mr Darcy, from Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, is due for (yet another) birthday. Such is life in a house where the elder Miss E has educated all her siblings on the literary classics......

Miss E's birthday card for the Queen is now well on its way to Buckingham Palace, England, thanks to Bloom's comment    :)

A wander around the garden this afternoon revealed the first pure white camellia for the season, hidden on the cooler shady side of the house. Our African Daisies are still blooming and the weeds still growing, all be it at a slower pace.

Miss O came shopping this morning in search of cake pops sticks. We found a nice little set so she has been busy baking (from scratch) and making all afternoon. If there are any left I may share one later..... She has done an amazing job for a first attempt. Looks like she may have another blog post shortly.


26 comments:

s.c said...

Nice on again.you have a very warm family life.

chica said...

Momentos e fotos lindas!beijos,chica

Lisa said...

Cakes for Mr. Darcy - I love it! :)
You're really moving along on your quilt. So many pretty fabrics!
Thank you for the comments you left on my blog. It's always so nice to see you there and to have your words of encouragement.

eileeninmd said...

The cake looks yummy! I am with Miss E, any reason to bake and eat cake is a good thing. Love your pretty images, happy weekend to you!

Karen Lakis said...

I love your daughters creativity! Cakes for Mr Darcy - that's fantastic!

Cinzia said...

Quei dolci devono essere buonissimi e le tue ragazze son bravissime!
Cinzia

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Looks like a lovely day.

Unknown said...

Wonderful captures for the day and, of course, I always love the pictures of your children!! The girls are so beautiful and creative! Wishing all of you a beautiful weekend!

geanina said...

Beautiful images!;)
Have a nice weekend!

TheChieftess said...

Sweet shots of Misses E and O!!! Love Miss E's birthday card to the Queen! And I'm so glad it's making its way to her...the Queen can't help but love it!!!

Fun60 said...

Such talented children. I don't know how you find the time to fit everything in!

Dzjiedzjee said...

Ooh... This is sweet! Great post Karen!

Kind regards from the Netherlands,
Gert Jan

Seeing Each Day said...

You have some very accomplished cooks in your household. Is it possible to get the recipe for what Miss O's made - that looks like a good school holiday activity. I think the 'help your self' note is precious.

Rosemary said...

I am right there with your girls - every occasion deserves a cake! And Mr. Darcy? Most definitely. Nothing puts a smile on my face like the delicious smell of baking.

Unknown said...

The cake pops look impressive!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely letter to the Queen and those cake pops look delicious!

Kim said...

Ooooh all those mouth watering delights!! Yummo!! I feel like a piece of that choccy cake right now!!

Unknown said...

I wish I lived closer.. I would love to have a piece of that cake. I don't bake much because I would be the only one eating it and I would eat the whole cake of bread or whatever it is. I always enjoy it when I stop in here to your blog.

Hugs~

Anonymous said...

Great b-day card, I´m sure the Queen will appreciate that! :-)

Anita Johnson said...

Your photos are just beautiful...and that card is priceless. How fun to document these moments for your kids in such a perfect way.

Liz said...

Such lovely weekly snippets, Karen!!
Little Miss E id growing up so fast and Miss O is such a gorgeous looking girl!! You are a wonderful mother!! :)

hydeeannsews said...

such a beautiful life! i'm sure with all your brood, it can be chaotic at times, but you are doing a splendid job capturing the beauty, from camellias to dandelions, queen's cakes to cakepops, and all that's inbetween. it's all lovely.

Elise Lea said...

Looks like a lovely week! Miss E and Miss O both did a great job on their cake/cake pops and I see you have made quite a bit of progress on the new quilt. I look forward to seeing more!

thefisherlady said...

Here on a rainy day it is so nice to drop in for a friendly and delicious visit... llove all you do with your family.

Anonymous said...

You have some talented young ladies!

Jeanne said...

Oh I hope you get an answer from the queen!!! How cute is this

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...