|Working on possible combinations with my fabric strips.|
Our new lounge was delivered the day after we finished repainting our main living areas. Some of you may remember
I was thinking of making cushions covers from my quilt left-overs. Over the last few days I have been working towards that end. I sewed fabrics together, enough for two cushions fronts.
|Basting the completed top to cotton quilt batting (middle layer) and back fabric.|
|Stippling in progress|
|Stippling from the reverse side. The green thread is the basting (temporary), holding the layers together.|
|My trusty Janome, over 25 years old, darning foot for stippling.|
|First cushion front, cut this morning.|
|A simple envelope closure in progress.|
First cushion complete! I know it looks a little large (45cm/18") for the lounge but it's a very comfortable size. I plan to complete the second cover during the week, and buy an insert for it too.
I know I'm always curious about the backs of cushions, so here it is. I didn't have enough of the main print to cover the whole back so added another strip along the top and bottom. I like the variety it gives. The second cushion back will likely be a little different according the fabric I have left.
I'm pleased to see the quilt hasn't faded much, I like them together!
It's two years this month since I taught myself to quilt (although I have been sewing since I was a very young child).
My first quilt (a gift) is still one of my favourites, you can read the story here. Since then I have made several quilts, many of which I blogged about earlier this year.
Over the last few months photography and blogging have been my choice for "spare" time. I love having many interests, with passions to suit each and every situation and season.
Sharing at Good Life Wednesday, Sneak Peek Friday.