Sunday, September 6, 2015

With Sprinklings of Joy and Hope













Pieces of contentment with sprinklings of joy and hope, that sums up last week quite nicely. The sights and sounds of an historic steam train through town always bring an extra excitement. Flowers are blooming more abundantly and the birds singing more sweetly with the beginning of spring. There has been an encouraging improvement in my husband's health with the addition of another medication this week, hopefully a sign of good things to come.

Another SIMPLY MINI Organic Quilt in lovely soft colours is now complete and listed on Etsy

My favourite Moody Blues fabric above is drying in the gentle spring breeze. Bought on a one-day sale at Spotlight yesterday (big happy face)! There was only a handspan of fabric left on their roll after this was measured out for my quilt backing. Perfect timing!

I'm really enjoying watching my younger three daughters choosing and colouring pages. There are so many delightful colouring books available now. I love observing how each one chooses designs and colours according to their personalities. I might just have to join in on the fun too!


Sharing at SkyWatch Friday.

22 comments:

s.c said...

That first two photo's are a really pleasant surprise. Thanks for showing to us.

FilipBlog said...

Like such a historic train. Great macro shot of the flower.

Greetings,
Filip

chica said...

Fotos lindas e adorei o trem na ponte...LINDO! bjs, tudo de bom,chica

Susan said...

I hope the good news continues for your husband. Beautiful hints of Spring always lift the spirits. I have admired the new style colouring books too.....

geanina said...

Very beautiful images !:)

Giga said...

The first picture amazed me. Flowers are also great. Very nice is the material that you bought. A similar coloring has my granddaughter and loves her colors fill. Regards.

Kim said...

Wonderful news re your husband's improvement in health. Aren't those colouring books great.....I have one as well, though I bought mine for a reference book. Those opening photos of the steam train took my breath away.....but then your photos always do, Karen. There is nothing like happening upon some fabric on sale to put a smile on one's dial.

Dirk Rosin said...

great post, first two photo's are really beautiful :-)

Michelle said...

I have seen those coloring books. So very detailed! I do hope your husband's health continues to improve.

Fun60 said...

Beautiful selection of photos to describe your week. So pleased that your husband's health is showing signs of improvement.

diane b said...

Anice feeling post. Adult colouring books are all the rage. Supposed to be good for relieving stress.

Unknown said...

I used to color with my kids all of the time, Karen, and it was such a wonderful time. I will still pull out a coloring book and pencils/crayons from time to time. I find it very relaxing. Thank you for the memories! :-)

Cathy said...

All good on your homefront. So glad to hear your husband is improving. Those coloring pages do look inviting!
Blessings to you Karen.

Barb said...

I like hearing of your blessings, Karen, and seeing your photos. I love the macros, of course. I'm still practicing!

the momma said...

beautiful pictures (as always :-)
I am so pleased to hear that your husband's health is showing signs of improvement!

Teresa Duryea Wong said...

All the photos are gorgeous, especially the first steam engine and the Cloud9 fabric. Happy to hear positive news for your husband!

Anonymous said...

The simple joys of everyday are the best! So glad to hear that your husband's health is improving!!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, looks like spring has spring. Beautiful flowers. Awesome shot of the steam engine and train! So happy that your hubby is feeling better. Have a happy weekend!

Maiah Harrison said...

Your quilt looks beautiful! And my! you are a talented photographer. All your photos are amazing! I thought the train photo was great, and then there's the flower. Just beautiful!
Maya from Pretty Nails and Tea

Photo Cache said...

I'm addicted to coloring nowadays. So much fun; but I'm mostly dissatisfied with the results. I simply don't have the artistic eye to combine colors.

Worth a Thousand Words

Al said...

I love those old trains - they're so impressive. That first shot with the bridges is perfect!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Love those train shots!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...