Saturday, August 13, 2011

Watoto



We had the absolute pleasure this week of attending a performance of the Watoto Children's Choir from Uganda. Through beautiful songs, energetic dances, African drums, personal stories, drama and large-screen presentations these orphaned children entertained, inspired and informed us of the plight of millions in Africa.











Watoto have a great website if you want to check their tour info or find out more about their amazing holistic care programs for children and vulnerable women.

 The children all appeared so vibrant and happy, I thought they may have just recently begun their time away, however they are about midway through a 4 month tour of Australia. If ever you have the opportunity to see any Watoto choir I would highly recommend it! It was a wonderful treat for all our family.

15 comments:

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

These kids are amazing aren't they? We had a group at our church last year, so inspirational! xo

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

This is awesome...I am on my way to check out their website. My son went on a mission trip to Africa for a month when he was 17 and my heart continues with this country.

Thanks for stopping by my blog so I could found yours.

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

What beautiful children! I love their outfits ... so colorful. The photos are wonderful.

Ashley Sisk said...

They actually came to our church last year - aren't they so great?

Liz said...

beautiful I have heard of these children. Chris tomlin made a song with them called Love.

Lisa Gordon said...

What a wonderful experience this must have been.
I love your photographs here!

forgetmenot said...

What a fun and interesting time you must have had. Such colorful clothes the children have on, and I'm sure they sounded great. Always fun to learn about other cultures. Mickie :)

Seeing Each Day said...

Sounded like a lovely time. I can still recall years ago when a African choir group performing at our school - very powerful.

Isabel Soriano said...

He disfrutado viendo las caritas de los niños y niñas del coro...parece que lo pasasteis muy bien.
Encantador reportaje.

Unknown said...

We had them at our church a few years back! LOVED them! I have their DVD. Now I'm going to have to break it out and watch it again. :)

Unknown said...

I saw you with your camera on Friday night! I was going to do a post on them myself but you have beaten me to it!
They were absolutely brilliant!!!!!!

Unknown said...

I have done a link to your post here
http://fivebrothersonesister.blogspot.com/2011/08/friday-night.html

Seraphinas Phantasie said...

Beautiful photos from this lovely children´s concert. Well done. Great shots.

My Beautiful World said...

Just Beautiful I have joined this site to now thank you so much for sharing xo Love the photos such joy shows through.

Always Wendy

Erin said...

Wow that looks awesome! Wish we had known about them, hopefully they'll come again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...